Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Barracks
 U47.org Forum :: The Barracks
Subject Topic: Willkommen an Bord! (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Kaleun
Korvettenkapitän
Korvettenkapitän
’The Old Man’

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 28 September 2004 at 15:27 | IP Logged  

The u47.org forum has been to the docks for a complete rest and refit! As you can see there is a completely new look, as well as a number of exciting features. You can now upload your own avatar (or select from some customised examples I have created), and can rise up the ranks of the Kriegsmarine. Popular posters can hope to achieve the rank of Kapitänleutnant!

There are loads of other new things that we'll no doubt discover as we go along, but for now - enjoy, and welcome to a new era of the U47.org forum!

Back to Top View Kaleun's Profile Search for other posts by Kaleun Visit Kaleun's Homepage

Bobby_woll
Leutnant zur See
Leutnant zur See

Posted: 14 October 2004 at 13:00 | IP Logged  

kaleun, would it be possible to list out the ranks and the amount of posts needed, also what rank would the moderator(s) be?  would it be like the PA board where it is "special" if you understand what im saying
Back to Top View Bobby_woll's Profile Search for other posts by Bobby_woll

Kaleun
Korvettenkapitän
Korvettenkapitän
’The Old Man’

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 17:08 | IP Logged  

Yes indeed. I am planning to have mods given the rank of Leutnant zur See. Maybe.

I'll post up the ranking system in a few days - I have a working setup going. The starting point is Matrose, the highest rank attainable will be Kapitänleutnant, of course!

Cheers
Rick
Back to Top View Kaleun's Profile Search for other posts by Kaleun Visit Kaleun's Homepage

Admin
Korvettenkapitän
Korvettenkapitän

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 17:13 | IP Logged  

Moderators will be assigned to their posts ahortly, do be ready for your call-up papers!
Back to Top View Admin's Profile Search for other posts by Admin

Bobby_woll
Leutnant zur See
Leutnant zur See

Posted: 28 November 2004 at 19:36 | IP Logged  

ready and waiting

herr korvettenkapitan
Back to Top View Bobby_woll's Profile Search for other posts by Bobby_woll

trigger
Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter
Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter

Posted: 29 November 2004 at 13:40 | IP Logged  

Well, it's going to take some getting used to, but the new forum certainly looks much better! Too bad all those different forum programs look so much alike, but function so differently

Will old messages be converted too? Or is it going to take some reposts of interesting threads?

Peter

Back to Top View trigger's Profile Search for other posts by trigger Visit trigger's Homepage

Kaleun
Korvettenkapitän
Korvettenkapitän
’The Old Man’

Posted: 29 November 2004 at 16:19 | IP Logged  

Hi Trigger, glad to see you on board!

I am going to try and find a way of reposting the best threads - probably as "lumps" in a separate archive forum. I think this place will kick off as the forum is far more interactive, it looks cleaner, and there are a loads more little tools to make life easier...

As I write this I am working on updating the members' section of the main site, which will offer techincal diagrams of U-47 throughout its career (an indispensible guide for modellers), a U-47 photo album, more wallpapers and MP3s for a small annual fee. This will help cover the bandwidth costs which will allow me to put up even more good stuff - streaming audio and video some to mind.

The plan is to make some money from this operation which will allow me to throw more funds into it - we already sell glass display cases (in two wood effects) and the snorting bull beer glass, but the plan is to increase the range to different glasses and mugs, and maybe u47.org T-shirts. If all this comes about, I plan to have a stall at the next War & Peace Show at Beltring - where I will grow my beard, pull on a turtleneck sweater and don my Kriegsmarine cap. At the moment the vision is far bigger than the reality, but the mission plan is clear...

trigger
Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter
Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter

Posted: 30 November 2004 at 09:34 | IP Logged  

Quote:
we already sell glass display cases (in two wood effects)
Hehehe, got one!

Quote:
the snorting bull beer glass
hehehehe got three of them! Donated one to my Scapa Flow Dive buddy and one to my father in law. Mine sites on top of my aquarium next to the U47 in its glass cage (I don't drink beer, and I am definitely not going to poor cola in it)

Peter

Back to Top View trigger's Profile Search for other posts by trigger Visit trigger's Homepage

trigger
Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter
Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter

Posted: 30 November 2004 at 09:40 | IP Logged  

BTW, the forum behave a bit oddly... when i get at this topic through the bdu i can not reply on it. When i get here through the cadet school i can reply, but when I try to quote your message it gets me the you can not reply message and i am through the bdy section again???? I hope this makes sense

Peter

Kaleun
Korvettenkapitän
Korvettenkapitän
’The Old Man’

Posted: 30 November 2004 at 14:45 | IP Logged  

trigger wrote:
I don't drink beer

A Dutchman who doesn't drink beer... Now that's something you don't get to hear every day! That said my girlfriend must be the only French person who doesn't like wine or smelly cheeses!

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version