Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Cadet School
 U47.org Forum :: The Cadet School
Subject Topic: Dairy and cheese production has taken Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
zhouyueyue
Oberbootsmann
Oberbootsmann

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 16 October 2018 at 07:51 | IP Logged Quote zhouyueyue

"

by Relja Dusek

KOLAN Wholesale Cincinnati Bengals Hats , CROATIA, Sept. 8 (Xinhua) -- In Croatia, the Adriatic country with over 1,000 islands, there is one so special called the ""Lunar Island"".

At first glance, Island Pag has a moon-like surface. It is rocky and bare Wholesale Cincinnati Bengals Hoodies , just white rock set amongst the blue sea and sky. Thanks to the Bora, a strong wind that is blowing from a seaside mountain range, half of the island is completely naked.

In such environment, one would assume it is not a place to live, let alone for sheep farming. Nevertheless, the island is a home for more than 30 Wholesale Cincinnati Bengals Shirts ,000 sheep and the ""best cheese in the world"" ""Paski sir"" or Pag cheese.

In July, at the International Cheese Awards in Nantwich, UK, ""Paski sir"" from Cheese Dairy Gligora won a gold medal. It is just one in a series of awards, a series that started in 2002 when Pag cheese won a bronze medal at Italian fair in Brescia in the category of sheep milk cheese.

""Yes, I remember the first award in Italy. I was very proud because I started this business with an idea to make the best cheese in the world. And I succeeded"" Wholesale Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys , Ivan Gligora, director of Gligora Dairy told Xinhua.

""Since then, there was not a year that we didn't win the most important awards at highly acclaimed word contests"", Gligora says. He dedicated his life to cheese that his family produces in a little village Kolan on Island Pag. ""It was a hard work from the start. I didn't get a lot of support, in the beginning, some people even tried to stop me Wholesale Bengals Hats , but I tried to show them all who I am and what I can do"", he remembered.

""What's the secret of the best cheese in the world? Persistence and expertise"", Gligora answered without much thinking. Knowledge is a key factor, he repeated but admitted that Pag's climate and unique sheep were also very important.

The key aspect of Pag's micro climate is the famous northern wind Bora. From the nearby mountains, the wind comes down to the sea surface and creates the fog made up of tiny sea drops. The wind dries them, turns them into salt and spreads the salt along the island's vegetation. Besides Wholesale Bengals Hoodies , herbs such as sage, thyme, mint, and immortelle grow on the island, providing a unique recipe for sheep on the island. Thus, sheep milk cheese from Island Pag is special.

Sheep from Island Pag are also a unique breed. They are small and skinny Wholesale Bengals Shirts , but strong enough to live through the winter when Bora wind can blow up to 200kmh. Throughout the year they are kept freely on pastures. ""Our shepherds from all over the island are milking them completely traditionally as hundred years before. Everything only manually and everything outdoor"", Ruzica Gligora, Tourism Services Manager at Gligora Dairy told Xinhua.

""Just imagine how hard it is for shepherds to milk in the winter when Bora blows. Fortunately, people here are hard working"", Gligora said. Sheep are milked twice a day from January to June. On average one sheep produces about one liter of milk a day while it takes about seven litter of milk to make one kilo of cheese.

Although ""Paski sir"" has a long tradition, it wasn't known outside Croatia until the Gligora family put it on the world map of cheese. Today Wholesale Bengals Jerseys , they produce 500 tons of cheese every year and that's the best they can do. There are only around 30,000 sheep on the 305-square-kilomoter island due to the limited number of pastures.

""We could sell three times more cheese that we can produce. Cheese from Pag doesn't need promotion. But it can be used for other purposes, such as the promotion of the island"", Bernard Marzic from Tourist Board of Pag told Xinhua.

Dairy and cheese production has taken a special place in the economy of Island Pag, meanwhile contributing to tourism, the major industry of the island and the country Cheap Cincinnati Bengals Hats , by attracting visitors to cheese factory tours.

Each year, more than 10,000 visitors come to Kolan to see Gligora dairy and taste ""Paski sir"". Visitors can tour the production facility in the dairy, visit the ripening room in the cellar and taste cheeses. ""This is really special. I have never tasted such cheese. My favorite is the one from olive residue"", a visitor from Italy said.

Ivan Gligora is happy to see happy customers. ""Every job is fulfilling if you are successful. I'm happy that I am working in cheese production because it lets a person to be creative. If there is an art in dairy, then it is a production of Paski sir"" Cheap Cincinnati Bengals Hoodies , he concluded.

Highlights of China-Arab States Expo in Yinchuan

Upcoming Teachers' Day celebrated in China

China's Caofeidian port sees cargo throughput up 22.8 pct y-on-y

Lin Dan claims fourth consecutive crown at National Games

In pics: China's future Mars simulation base in Qinghai

Actors perform during acrobatics show in central China's Puyang

Colorful houses seen in N China's beautiful countryside

Spectacular scenery of Hukou Waterfall of Yellow River

"

Hair extensions can be very pricey and may potentially consider a lengthy time for you to be fitted, therefore it¡¯s important to go to a reputable salon. All permanent types of hair extension should be fitted by a trained professional, as ill-fitting extensions can cause damage towards the natural hair. Selecting the right hair extension salon is nearly as essential as choosing the right sort of extensions. A good stylist could make the distinction between the hair of your dreams and nightmare hair, so it is important to get it right.

As soon as you¡¯ve made the choice to possess hair extensions, you anticipate them to look amazing once they are in and this procedure takes time. Additionally you want them to appear as natural as possible and this requires the highest high quality hair and this costs money. Hair extensions are a great way of transforming your look into something totally various and in order to get outcomes you¡¯ll need to go to a trust. Cheap Hoodies   Cheap Jerseys   Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys China   Wholesale Jerseys From China   Wholesale Jerseys From China   Wholesale MLB Jerseys   Wholesale College Jerseys   Zach Ertz Eagles Jersey 

Back to Top View zhouyueyue's Profile Search for other posts by zhouyueyue

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version