Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Barracks
 U47.org Forum :: The Barracks
Subject Topic: What timing for Christian Yelich. Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
laiyongcai92
Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter
Matrosen-Stabsgefreiter

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 January 2019 at 02:59 | IP Logged Quote laiyongcai92

MILWAUKEE (AP) ¡ª His eye is so good at the plate that the Milwaukee Brewers star is leading the National League in hitting.Now his younger brother Cameron has been discharged from the Marines Justin Smoak Jersey , just in time to catch Christian and the Brewers make a final push for the NL Central title.The Brewers¡¯ 6-5 win over the Detroit Tigers on Friday night was the first time Cameron had seen his brother play in about two years. The whole family stayed with Christian in Milwaukee.¡°There¡¯s a lot of extra room at my place so there¡¯s plenty of room for everybody and we should be able to make it work,¡± Christian said before the game.Cameron even got to throw out a ceremonial first pitch to Christian.The pitch from the right-handed Cameron Yelich was a little low and outside, but it was an otherwise respectable toss for someone who didn¡¯t really play baseball.¡°Whenever he¡¯s got a good game, I¡¯ll text him like ¡®nice shot dude, blah, blah, blah,'¡± Cameron said with a laugh.Big brother was proud.¡°It was a surprise. He didn¡¯t know he was doing it until an hour or two before so he was a little nervous, but I think he did a great job,¡± he said.Christian http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-marco-estrada-je rsey , 26, is the oldest of three brothers. Collin, 24, was also at the game, along with the 22-year-old Cameron.¡°It¡¯s exciting. It¡¯s also emotional to have everybody together for the first time in a really long time,¡± mother Alicia Yelich said as Cameron waited outside the Brewers clubhouse before throwing the first pitch.A lot has changed since all three brothers were in the ballpark at the same time.Christian Yelich was already a pretty good player in 2016, when he hit .298 with 21 homers and 98 RBIs for the Marlins. The Brewers acquired him from Miami in a trade this past January for four prospects.He has developed an MVP-caliber resume in Milwaukee.Yelich, hitting .322 entering Saturday, is in position to become the first batting champion in franchise history. He was also in the top 10 in the NL in slugging, runs Aaron Sanchez Jersey , RBIs and homers.¡°But I think there¡¯s no doubt now he is one of the 10 best players in baseball,¡± Brewers owner Mark Attanasio said. ¡°So it¡¯s really nice to see him mature.¡±Christian Yelich showers similar appreciation on his brother, who was in the infantry after enlisting in the Marines. Stationed in Hawaii, Cameron had two noncombat deployments to Japan.Cameron would follow Brewers games on social media. Sometimes he¡¯d watch on his phone, though he often would have to sleep outside in a field without cellphone service as an assignment during deployments.¡°I¡¯ve always just taken great pride in my country,¡± Cameron said when asked why he enlisted. ¡°I think it¡¯s a very honorable thing to do,¡±Christian described his brother as ¡°selfless¡± for serving four years in the Marines.¡°I think he gained a lot from the experience, and we¡¯re all thankful for everybody that serves this country,¡± he said. ¡°To get a greater understanding of what military families go through and the schedule was probably the most eye-opening thing, and I¡¯m glad he¡¯s back.¡±He marked the occasion by hitting a two-run homer in the bottom of the first inning. When he returned to right field in the top of the second Kevin Pillar Jersey , he was greeted by fans yelling, ¡°MVP! MVP!¡± Kevin C. Cox/Getty ImagesThe Atlanta Braves have their eyes on the playoffs, and left fielder Ronald Acuna Jr. is heating up at exactly the right time.The 20-year-old phenom hit home runs to lead off both games of Atlanta's doubleheader against the Miami Marlins on Monday, spurring his team to 9-1 and 6-1 victories in the respective contests.MLB MLBTwo games today, TWO leadoff homers.Ronaldacunajr24 is on . OwzaoIMC89He has now gone deep in four straight games, and ESPN.com noted he became the youngest to accomplish the feat in the live ball era (since 1920). What's more, the Elias Sports Bureau determined he joined Hall of Famers Rickey Henderson and Harry Hooper, as well as Brady Anderson, as the only players in baseball history to hit leadoff homers in both games of a doubleheader (h/t ESPN.com)."Freddie and I were just kind of standing there smiling at each other like, 'Again?'" Braves manager Brian Snitker said of his interaction with veteran Freddie Freeman http://www.bluejaysfanproshop.com/authentic-russell-martin-j ersey , per ESPN.com. "It's been fun to watch."Going 5-for-8 with two homers, five RBI, five runs, two walks and a stolen base qualifies as a solid day at the office, and the Braves are now a game ahead of the Philadelphia Phillies and seven ahead of the two-time defending division champion Washington Nationals in the National League East race.Atlanta hasn't made the playoffs since the 2013 season, but Acuna is doing what he can to change that down the stretch of the 2018 campaign.

Edited by laiyongcai92 on 18 January 2019 at 03:03

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version