Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Radio Room
 U47.org Forum :: The Radio Room
Subject Topic: www.officialpatriotslockerroom.com Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hongwei28
Matrosen-Obergefreiter
Matrosen-Obergefreiter

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 15 February 2019 at 02:23 | IP Logged Quote hongwei28

As two of the best players at their position in their generation James Develin Jersey , San Francisco cornerback Richard Sherman and Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers have formed a relationship built on deep respect.They have nothing but praise for each other's games and will exchange texts after one of them does something special. With all that they have accomplished that can happen often."Just checking if he has a great game or I see something on tape where he's in his bag and doing something crazy like some of the Hail Mary's that he's thrown," Sherman said. "I text him like, 'Man, that's crazy. I don't know what you were thinking right there.' He's a good dude."Sherman hopes Rodgers doesn't pull off any of those crazy plays he's known for on Monday night when the 49ers (1-4) visit the Packers (2-2-1) in the seventh meeting between the two megastars, including one in the postseason.The two split the previous six meetings when Sherman was in Seattle, although the Seahawks won the most important in the NFC title game in January 2015. But any success Rodgers had didn't come because he found some weakness in Sherman's game. Instead, he approached it like most quarterbacks do, throwing as few passes to his right as possible, knowing Sherman will shut down that side of the field.Rodgers has completed only nine passes for 90 yards against Sherman in those six games, according to SportRadar, targeting him just 13 times and throwing one interception. Almost half of that production came in the first meeting in 2012 when Rodgers went 4-for-5 for 44 yards. He has avoided him almost completely since then as Sherman has allowed just five catches for 46 yards in the past five games."When he's on the field, you have to be smart throwing the ball his way," Rodgers said. "That's just the type of player he is. I mean, he's a super-intelligent guy, he's got incredible football instincts and he can still impact the game in a number of different ways."Sherman is still striking fear in quarterbacks at age 30 despite coming off major surgery on a ruptured Achilles tendon and nursing a calf injury that sidelined him for one game this season.Sherman has been targeted just 10 times on 145 pass plays this season, the second-lowest rate in the NFL. Opposing quarterbacks have completed just two of those passes for 28 yards as Sherman has been a rare bright spot for a struggling San Francisco team."People aren't targeting him. That always tells you a lot there about Richard Authentic LaAdrian Waddle Jersey ," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. "Especially where he is in his career, he diagnosis routes extremely well. I've always felt he was so strong at the breaking points of routes and really does a great job of playing toward his length. He's an excellent player, always has been. I think he looks good."Rodgers has also been slowed by an injury at age 34, as he hurt his knee in the first half of the opener against Chicago before returning to lead a memorable comeback.He has shown more mobility each week and is coming off a 442-yard, three TD performance in a loss at Detroit last week. Rodgers has 10 touchdown passes and just one interception all season and has the highest passer rating (103.5) of any quarterback with at least 1,000 attempts."He's still the best or is tied for the best on the planet," 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said. "He always has been. He's the man. I know he's not 100 percent, everyone knows that, but he seems to be a little bit better each week. He's still the best. Good player."One aspect that makes Rodgers even tougher to defend than other top quarterbacks such as Tom Brady or Peyton Manning during his heyday is the ability to scramble. Rodgers is an elite athlete and can extend plays with his feet and then expose defenses downfield with his laser-like arm when the cornerbacks can't stick with the receivers for that extra time.Sherman knows that's one of the hardest things to prepare for against Rodgers and the Packers."You're going to have to run, you're going to have to cover for a long period of time," he said. "You'll have to be ready for the backyard football. He's a great passer, he can throw the ball anywhere. He can be on his back foot and throw the ball 75 yards." Historically, Tom Brady has been hesitant to express satisfaction when it comes to the Patriots' offense.His approach has remained unchanged this season about a group that only recently has started to find consistency after a 1-2 start. The passing attack particularly has suffered during that time because of his lack of cohesion with a new group of receivers.Brady didn't eclipse 300 yards passing in any of New England's first three games, averaging 208 yards through the air with six total touchdowns.Things have changed during the Patriots' current six-game win streak, in which Brady has averaged 308 yards per game and thrown 11 TDs.It's progress, Brady said Limited Shaq Mason Jersey , but what he hopes is only a glimpse at where they can be as the Patriots prepare for Sunday's matchup at Tennessee."I don't think we're there. Certainly not. I think we need some more time together," he said Friday. "We need to be kind of battle-tested in these games."While Brady credits the entire offense's dedication in the film room and its attention to detail in game plans, the acquisition of receiver Josh Gordon in Week 3 and return of Julian Edelman after missing last season with a torn right ACL have been big factors.Gordon has shown a different facet of his athleticism each week. He posted his best game in a Patriots uniform in last week's win over the Packers, finishing with five catches for 130 yards and a touchdown. The score came on a 55-yard catch-and-run that gave New England some needed distance on the scoreboard in the fourth quarter. It was his second 55-yard catch this season.In six games with New England, Gordon has 22 catches for 396 yards and two TDs.Likewise, Edelman has started to look like the go-to target Brady has depended on in recent years. He followed his first 100-yard receiving game of the season at Buffalo in Week 8 with six catches for 71 yards against Green Bay."I think his mental and physical toughness are just unmatched in a lot of ways," Brady said of Edelman. "I have so much confidence in him. He really does all the dirty work for us, you know? He's so scrappy and goes in there and blocks hard, catches balls over the middle. We put him in a lot of different positions and he always seems to come through for us."In the aftermath of his trade Gordon said he had no doubt he was going to take advantage of the opportunity with the Patriots following a tumultuous tenure with the Browns that included his receiving treatment for drug and alcohol dependence, and several suspensions.He has flourished in New England's strict environment, which he called comfortable and "a real home." He's also benefited from building a quick rapport with Brady."It's great that he has a certain amount of trust in me to put it in my direction," Gordon said. "And, I just want to come down and make a play on it."Brady said Gordon, who debuted in the Week 4 win over Miami, has exceeded expectations."I think he's done really everything the coaches have asked him to do. Here early, stays late Drew Bledsoe Jersey Salute to Service , always getting extra reps at practice, takes as many reps as he can, and it's been fun to see," he said.It's all helped mask a drop-off in production this season by tight end Rob Gronkowski, who has missed two of the last three games with ankle and back injuries. He has 29 catches for 448 yards, but has only one TD on the season.Gronk is officially listed as questionable for Sunday after being limited in practice all week. He declined to say if he thought he was physically ready to play, adding the decision of whether he traveled to Nashville or suited up was not his own."It's up to the coaches," he said.Whatever personnel Brady has available to him, he is adamant that there's still another level for this offense to reach before season's end."Things that we do well we're going to keep building on, and things that we're not doing well, you try them maybe a different year or different players," he said. "We're still trying to figure those things out."

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version